Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Peppers, peppers, peppers, peppers, peppers, peppers, peppers, tomatoes.

There is a reason I annoyed even myself with that title. I hate peppers but decided to see if I could get some to grow from seed for my mother and step-father. Hours of peeling, drying and dabbing later, I have  hundreds of round things in a blank seed packet, well that was late fall which in New Hampshire, means the seeds got stored for months. At the end of that time on Memorial day I opened all my seed packets and  some of the peppers had already started roots, and others had molded, opps really should have left them out to dry but my family tosses everything to do with my garden wherever is most convenient for them including the trash. Anyway I took the plants that had already started to grow and put the seeds in a five gallon bucket, at the end of July there was still no plants, so I bought a mostly grown plant. Two days later I have six extra pepper plants in my bucket, and I DON'T EVEN LIKE PEPPERS! Why couldn't I have six extra tomatoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment