Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sequel to the pepper poppers.

I had to make planters for those extra plants, I had no money to buy planters, no dirt, and no space in my garden for them. I did though have left over chicken wire, folded and kept dog food bags, compost, leaves, and the highly disliked hay I bought for my rabbit. I molded the chicken wire into a bed frame, using pliers I took the cut ends of the individual triangles, and wrapped them together so the bed maintained it's shape. Dog food bags have a strong weave, that makes them good for lining planters with even when you put small holes in them for water drainage they don't leak soil. I flipped them white side out and stapled three bags to the frame. Then slid the tip of a knife between the weave to make small drainage holes along the whole planter. Then the compost, leaves, and hay was evenly mixed and poured into the beds. Finally, my peppers were placed into their new back aching home. Yippee for creativity, and internet ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment