Saturday, September 10, 2011

Applesauce

Ever wonder why we use imitation vanilla it's because those black sticks are so, so, so expensive. The extract from them can when made by Watkins company up to $124 per quart and as little as $89 per quart. Then Mt. Williams imititation vanilla is $19 per quart. Now you're wondering why I'm talking about vanilla when the title of this post is applesauce, aren't you? My boyfriend Rob and his family have apples they don't use so as long as I trot myself up the ladder to get them I have about a six year supply that rounds itself out every year. I made plain applesauce this time and canned it, but next year I might make GOURMET APPLESAUCE and add vanilla or homemade caramel. Hopefully by then I'll have a job so I can afford to fail at making my own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment