Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No groceries for a year

I've heard about this challenge and would love to be able to do this. This year my garden provided for about six of my meals and Mrs Tuttle's provided a few others. I collected eggs, apples, tomatoes, eggplants, blueberries, and blackberries. I want room to plant more, and may have found a way, the volunteers at the Live and Let Live Farm, can help in their organic garden and take home both knowledge and food. I wonder if I'll ever be able to make things like egg drop soup, minus the salt, directly from my own yard.

Egg drop soup

2 large eggs
3 cups water
parsley
chives
salt
optional: corn or mushrooms

pot
measuring cup 

1. Turn on stove burner, combine all the water; parsley, chives, and salt to taste.
2. Let water boil for five minutes.
3. Crack open eggs, drop them in and stir.

http://www.liveandletlivefarm.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment